The full-day workshop on the 28th of June, 2009 features nine paper presentations and one invited talk by Dr Sihem Amer-Yahia of Yahoo! Research. The workshop will be held in the Rhode Island Convention Center, Room 556A.
- Information Presentation of Ranked Datasets. Sihem Amer-Yahia, Yahoo! Research.
||Research session 1: Quality and provenance
- Enhancing a Data Cleaning Process using Repairs. Emanuel Santos.
- Computing Query Answers with Consistent Support - A Ph.D. project proposal. Jui-Yi Kao.
- Protecting the Past and Present of Data with Applications in Provenance and Regulatory Compliant Databases. Ragib Hasan.
||Research session 2: New data management paradigms
- Complex Event Detection in Pervasive Computing. Chunjie Zhou and Xiaofeng Meng.
- Efficient Similarity Search on Distribution Data. Yasuko Matsubara, Yasushi Sakurai and Masatoshi Yoshikawa.
- Goal-Driven Autonomous Database Tuning Supported by a System Model. Karsten Schmidt.
||Research session 3: Query processing
- SkyDB: Skyline Aware Query Evaluation Framework. Venkatesh Raghavan and Elke Rundensteiner.
- Achieving High Output Utility under Limited Resources through Structure-based Shedding and Spilling in XML Streams. Mingzhu Wei, Elke Rundensteiner and Murali Mani.
- Keyword and Natural Language Query Processing for Semi-Structured Data Sources. Arash Termehchy.