Postdoctoral Positions (RAs)
None as of now.
- We have several fully-funded PhD positions if you want to work with us -- especially for UK, UK funding eligible (EU students who spent the last three years in the UK) and EU students (in that order of number of open positions) through the exciting EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Robotics and Automation (RAS). Details of application procedure here. In your application, mention that you would like to work with the SLMC group (Prof. Vijayakumar) and discuss a project proposal with me before-hand.
- We are also looking for outstanding PhD applicants with matching research
interests who are either self funded or have
procured funding from research councils.
** Look for scholarship opportunities/information
Outstanding PhD applicants may apply through the regular university channels and specify interest in working with us (SLMC lab: IPAB group). See funding opportunities.
Essential BackgroundTo work in our group, you are expected to have the following background:
- Strong preparation in continuous mathematics: linear algebra, calculus, optimization in continuous spaces
- Strong preparation in statistics, machine learning: probability theory, modern statistical regression techniques
- Strong programming background and
experience in MATLAB and C/C++ and/or Java etc.
- Prior exposure to robotics and adaptive control research with experience in ROS programming highly desirable.
- Overseas students are encouraged to apply for ORS support for their tuition fees.
- The University of Edinburgh offers 30 awards of the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship.
- British Council offers many scholarships for students (esp. Commonwealth countries).
- We advertise project linked EPSRC/Research Council studentships as and when they are available.
- The EPSRC offers RA (postdoc) funding in several areas.
on postgraduate funding opportunities and application procedure can be
Admission is dependent on your previous track record and research potential. Funding is contingent upon our grants situation, your qualification and university level grant availability. So, apply early.